Basic Information on Boxer Dogs
Originating from Germany – Munich to be exact – A Boxer Dog is a medium to large breed. They are short-haired with a course tight-fitting coat.
Colour combinations are most commonly fawn, brindled, or white and with or without additional white markings.
The average weight for a boxer dog is:
Average Female Boxer Dog: 25-29kg
Average Male Boxer Dog: 27-32kg
My content is free but it does contain affiliate links. See more In my disclaimer here.
Boxer Dog Facts #1
Boxers Have One Of The Largest/Widest Tongues of all Dog Breeds.
Currently, the world record is held by a St Bernard but boxers have and are right up there with the longest licks!!
Boxer Dog Facts #2 –
The Oldest Boxer Dog To Live The Longest Was Called Macabee – She Was 16 Years 9 Months old.
Pet insurance for your pet, prevents you from having to make decisions between your pet's life and money.
Check out the different plans and prices. Pet Assure makes it easy. Learn More
Boxer Dog Facts #3 –
Boxers Tied 43rd Place On The Global Canine Obedience/Intelligence Group – They Tied With A Great Dane.
However this was only decided on Obedience training statistics, so boxer owners can still claim their Boxer fur babies superior intelligence if they want = )
Purchase your pet supplies online?
Every purchase with EntirelyPets donates to Best Friend Pet Adoption.
Shop great prices while supporting your favorite cause!
Boxer Dog facts #4 –
It Takes Boxers 3 Years To Fully Mature – Some Owners Claim They Never Really Grow Up.
They are considered one of the most playful Breeds.
Boxer Dog Facts #5 –
Cancer Is the Lead Cause Of Death In Boxer Dogs Leading At 44.8%
Next Is Complications Of The Heart.
Characteristics Of A Boxer Dog:
Boxers are considered working dogs believe it or not!
One of the first breeds employed as a police dog, and they have been used as seeing-eye dogs.
They are also bred to be companions and guard dogs, best known for their loyalty to family and they are especially curious/fond of children.
What are boxers known for?
Their playful, youthful, sassy personality. Boxers have a lot of personality and character. They are adored by there owners and portray very amusing behaviors for their human owners.
Are boxer dogs dangerous?
Boxers are in the top 20 dangerous dogs. This is because they have a higher recorded rate of biting children than some other breeds.
Why do boxers like to sit on you?
Because Boxers tend to connect so deeply with there owners they want to be close.
Some are happy to sit next to you others need to be on you.
Sign up for my new post reminders here:
- The devastation of Month 4, I Needed New Blogging Ideas Fast!
- The Veterinary Industry Is Suffering – How A Veterinary Nurse Struggles Alongside Their Vet.
- WHY DOES MY DOG RAISE HIS LEG TO PEE?
- Dog Skin Lumps 3 Types That Are Benign – Not Cancer.
- Dog Skin Cancer – The Different Types And How Serious Are They?
- How To Tell If Your A Crazy Cat Lady
- Dog Skin Conditions – 5 Serious Skin Problems Your Dog Can Have.
- Tips To Manage A Dog With Skin Problems.
- Why My Dog Gets Itchy In Winter?? 5 Real Reason Why
- Chihuahua #5 Fun And Fascinating Facts – Chihuahua long hair and short-haired facts.
- Boxer Dog Facts, 5 Interesting Facts, And Information On The Breed.
- Australian Shepherd Blue Merle Breed Information.
- Blogging – The Good, Bad And The Ugly Of Month 3!
- Fleas and Why It Is So Important You Prevent Your Pet From Getting Them.
- Dog Food Advisor – 5 Myths About Veterinary Recommended Dry Dog Foods Busted!!!
- Environmental Allergies In Dogs. How They Cause Itchy Skin and what you should be doing.
- Cute Dog Snacks – 3 Delicious Homemade Dog Treats For Your Fur Baby.
- Cat Love – 5 Luxury Things For Cats.
- 100+ Dog Names – Find The Perfect Name For Your Pooch.
- Why Is My Cat Staring At Me? Is It Just Curiosity Or Something Else?